When you’re a small marketing agency, it can be difficult to keep track of your progress. If you don’t know where your business stands—how many clients you need, how to maintain a certain level of quality in the company’s work, for example—it will be hard to grow and attract more work.
The key is having systems in place that help you keep an eye on all aspects of your business, from client satisfaction levels to employee performance and productivity. Here are five ways that we’ve found effective for growing your agency:
- Have a Central Repository for All Marketing Campaigns
To ensure that your marketing campaigns don’t get lost in the shuffle, you need a well-organized, central database for all of your work. This is where you will store all campaign assets, deliverables and results. Marketing campaign central repositories should include:
- A database of all digital assets (images, videos, PDFs, etc.)
- A database of all written content (copywriting)
- A repository for ad creative materials such as ads and landing pages
Another important thing to keep in mind is to make sure that this is regularly updated. Team members should be able to understand how it’s organized and find necessary files easily.
Incorporate an introduction to the system in your onboarding or arrange for training. It’ll be a great avenue to get ideas on how you can improve it for better efficiency.
- Hold Team Meetings in the Morning
Most people agree that working in a team has numerous benefits such as increased communication, development of culture, shared vision, etc. One area where teams can sometimes struggle is holding regular meetings.
Here are a few tips to get your team members in the habit and get the most out of your meeting time:
- Hold team meetings in the morning.
- Meetings should be held at the same time every week so that everyone can get used to it and it becomes part of their routine.
- Always start on time.
- Meetings should be short, focused on one topic, and held in a place where everyone can be heard and contribute.
- Sync your team calendar with two-way SMS software to remind your team members about the meetings, and they can text you back their attendance confirmation.
- Rely on Your Team to Help with Client Work
Hiring employees is an essential part of growing your digital marketing agency. This is the only way that your business will be able to handle more projects, get bigger brand names to sign on and make more money.
You can’t do all of this alone! You need other people who understand what it takes to run a successful business like yours. They’ll also be able to take over some of the responsibilities so you can focus on higher-level tasks. Delegating work is a necessary skill to learn so work doesn’t pile up.
- Delegate Tasks to Employees Based on Their Strengths & Interests
Delegating tasks to employees based on their strengths and interests is a great way to make them happy, productive, and engaged. When they’re doing work they love, they’ll be more likely to stay with your company.
By delegating tasks that you usually do yourself, you can free up time for your own projects or even help train other people in the company. This will keep things interesting for everyone involved.
If you’re not sure how to delegate, start by identifying the tasks that you do often. Are there any projects or responsibilities that can be assigned to others? Then list who in your company might be able to handle these projects and get them involved.
- Use New Employee Mentorship Programs
As an agency owner, you can turn to the staff at your company for mentorship. You can also organize formal or informal mentorship programs that pair new employees with more experienced workers.
This kind of program is not only a great way to educate newcomers on everything they need to know about your company and its culture, but it also helps them build up their resumes and make connections in the industry. When designing a mentorship program for your team, keep these tips in mind:
- Be clear on the eligibility requirements and keep them to a minimum—anyone who wants to participate should be allowed to apply. The only thing you should screen for is their level of commitment and whether or not they have the aptitude for it.
- Specify that mentors must be able to commit one hour per week over six months (or whatever time interval works best for everyone involved). Allow mentors flexibility with scheduling their sessions as well—for example, asking them whether Mondays at 11 am or Fridays at 3 pm would work better for them instead of forcing them into rigid slots each day!
Growth can be hampered by a lack of organization, good communication, and delegation.
In a fast-paced, competitive industry like marketing, your ability to grow quickly depends on how well you can communicate and organize. Growth can be hampered by a lack of organization, miscommunication, and poor delegation.
A lack of organization will lead to miscommunication with clients and team members. If information is not clearly marked or documented in one place for all parties involved, it will take longer to retrieve the needed files or documents for each project. This increases the chances that important details get lost along the way.
Delegation allows individual workers within an agency to become more specialized in their areas of expertise. It means not only do they have more time available now but they also have a better understanding of what’s expected when working on certain aspects of upcoming projects.
With one person doing everything themselves from start to finish on every project, quality will be difficult to maintain across different parts of a project. Having a team leader or more will help keep the project on track and the team, organized. Using tools, such as project management apps and SMS text messaging software, to keep your team updated on tasks works wonders.
Start Growing Your Agency!
Expanding your marketing company is never an easy feat, and growing pains will be unavoidable. Over time, you’ll find what works best for your business and your clients.
Now that you’ve read these tips, it’s time to put them into action! If you have any questions or would like more information about how our marketing agency can help your business grow, and how to set up a text message system for business, contact us.